There are many groups and organisations in North London concerned about the quality of life and the threat of Climate Change. Joining forces and working together with these and with National and International groups magnifies our people power.
Community Strength working towards a Green Recovery
Join a local group to help Build Back Better from the disruptions and unprecedented changes triggered by the pandemic but foretelling of the much worse and imminent crisis approaching as Climate Breakdown accelerates.
‘Building Back Better’ needs a much wider understanding of wellbeing than just GDP leading to the continuous growth that is inexorably leading to Climate Breakdown and planetary pollution. There are groups in Highgate that work on Environmental Health, Society and Equity, Nature and Food, Health and Wellbeing, Homes and Neighbourhoods, Education and Self Fulfilment, Arts and Creativity and Friendship/Community and sense of belonging. Supporting these is a valuable step to ‘doing your bit’ and contacts in these categories are at Highgate groups for building back better .
Would you be keen to help Transition Highgate become more active? Contact email@example.com
There is also a Super Transition group in north London consisting of:
- Transition Belsize Park – supporting veg boxes, darning and anti big supermarket chains
- Transition Crouch End “There are challenges – peak oil, climate change, the economy – but we believe that sharing knowledge and skills in the community will create a better society“
- Transition Dartmouth Park – supporting PUNL and local food growing
- Transition Highgate – collaborating with other groups and providing a knowledge base for lobbying
- Transition Kentish Town – supporting beekeeping, gardening and anti multi-national coffee outlets
- Transition Primrose Hill – learning skills like sewing, remaking things and growing your own food.
- Transition Tufnell Park – supporting PUNL, veg boxes, local food growing and local Markets
- Transition Kensal to Kilburn – active fruit harvesting group, food growing group, buildings and energy and Restart groups, supporting Brent Pure Energy, and veg box scheme
- Transition Willesden – active fruit harvesting group, works with Transition K2K, runs skill-sharing workshops and events.
These Transition groups are coming together to tackle issues such as London Pollution and for strength in lobbying.
See also Transition Highbury – “We meet, garden and run a Green on the Screen documentary season.“