Cities and other bodies with powers delegated by Governments have varying ability to reduce carbon emissions.
- “Reduce greenhouse gas emissions, report publicly and annually on progress and prepare for the impacts of climate change”
- “Reduce greenhouse gas emissions by at least 20% by 2020 through the implementation of a Sustainable Energy Action Plan adopted in Council and report on progress every two years”
- “Double the global rate of improvement in energy efficiency by 2030”
- “Reduce greenhouse gas emissions by at least 80 percent by 2050 or sooner”
- “Reduce emissions from the transportation sector and improve air quality through the introduction of low and ultimately zero emission buses in fleets”
This is covered by the London Response to Climate Change Ch 5 of the London Plan.